BBB Revokes Affordable Headstone’s Accreditation
Company Takes Advantage of Grieving Consumers
[April 4, 2013- Nashville, TN] – BBB alerts consumers to the business practices of Affordable Headstones owned and operated by Kevin Walker. This company offers the sale of monuments/headstones via its location in Nashville, TN and its website http://www.affordable-headstones.com, phone number: 800-616-0293.
Consumers from CA, NV, AZ, TX, TN, and WV have complained to BBB stating they paid advanced fees ranging up to, and sometimes over, $1000.00 for monuments or headstones. Complaints further state orders were placed up to 10 months ago; however, the company has failed to deliver the product within 6-8 weeks despite promises to do so.
One consumer said, “I think it is terrible to scam people let alone scamming grieving individuals.” BBB’s President/CEO agreed and added, “It’s difficult to lose a loved one, but honoring them with a beautiful monument can bring comfort to those left behind. It’s heart-breaking and very disturbing that this business would take advantage of consumers in this manner.”
BBB made numerous attempts to obtain resolutions from the company; however, they failed to reply. This resulted in the revocation of this company’s BBB Accreditation Membership status for failure to honor BBB Standards for Trust in resolving its customer disputes.
BBB offers the following general advice:
Doing business via the Internet can be fun and time saving; however, consumers should know what to look for to ensure safe shopping. BBB offers the following tips to help you shop safely online:
- Don’t Rely on a Professional Looking Website as Proof of a Company’s Quality or Good Reputation. Investigate a Company or Seller Before You Buy.
- Find Out Where the Company is Physically Located.
- Never Give Out Your Bank Account Number, Credit Card Number, or Personal Information Unless You’re Certain a Company is Legitimate.
- Pay for Your Purchases by Credit or Charge Card, which can be Protected Under the Fair Credit Billing Act.
- Find Out About a Company’s Return and Refund Policies Before You Purchase.
- Always Use a Secure Internet Browser That “Encrypts” or Scrambles Your Personal or Financial Information.
# # #
When in Doubt, remember to check with BBB for information on
businesses you can TRUST by visiting
The BBB of Middle Tennessee, Inc. was founded in 1961 as a non-profit Tennessee organization serving 38 counties in Middle Tennessee and 7 counties in Southern Kentucky. The first BBB was founded in 1912. Today, BBBs serve communities across the U.S. and Canada.
Serving as the 'ethical gatepost' of our communities, BBB fosters and promotes ethical business practices and self-regulation standards that build consumer trust in the marketplace. BBB services include business reliability information, complaint resolution services and consumer and business educational information.
[Subscribe Here] to
receive Alerts & News updates from the BBB