The Company Name May Change, but Customer Complaints Are All the Same
[August 20, 2012– Nashville, TN] BBB warns Middle Tennessee consumers of the business practices of Daniel Ginther doing business as:
- Daniel A/C & Mechanical
- Daniel Ginther A/C & Mechanical Services
- Ginther Mechanical Services, Inc.
- GMS, Inc.
No matter what name is being used, customers doing business with Daniel Ginther report to BBB that he fails to perform plumbing or air conditioning work, honor warranty service or make refunds. Most recently, business vendors report failure to pay for services and supplies.
Business phone numbers are disconnected and the most recent business location at 823 Brentwood Place, Brentwood, TN has been vacated.
Homeowners & commercial businesses should be alert for Daniel Ginther to continue to solicit residential and commercial work in the plumbing and air conditioning service industry possibly using additional business names and addresses in Middle Tennessee.
If you have had an unsatisfactory experience with Daniel Ginther, please file a complaint with BBB at www.Nashville.app.bbb.org/filecomplaint
BBB offers the following advice to avoid falling victim to tactics like these.
- Check with the BBB on the reliability of a company prior to paying for services or signing a contract. BBB can provide valuable information on a company’s marketplace reliability including whether the company is BBB Accredited, a list of its principal officers, its business start date, how the company handles customer complaints, and what to do if you experience a problem.
- Always obtain three written estimates or bids for the work your planning for comparative shopping purposes.
- Never make payment in full up front. BBB advises consumers to pay one third at the initial signing of the contract, with remaining payments being made after the completion of each phase of work. Final payment should not be made until all work is performed and it has been inspected.
- Pay by credit card so that you are protected if the company fails to adhere to the promised services or agreement.
BBB offers two very valuable services at no cost that will put you in touch with trustworthy businesses. Visit our website at www.Nashville.BBB.org and click on BBB’s Accredited Business Directory. You may also obtain estimates for necessary work by clicking on E-Quote (http://nashville.app.bbb.org/equote).
# # #
When in Doubt, remember to check with BBB for information on
businesses you can TRUST by visiting
The BBB of Middle Tennessee, Inc. was founded in 1961 as a non-profit Tennessee organization serving 38 counties in Middle Tennessee and 7 counties in Southern Kentucky. The first BBB was founded in 1912. Today, BBBs serve communities across the U.S. and Canada.
Serving as the 'ethical gatepost' of our communities, BBB fosters and promotes ethical business practices and self-regulation standards that build consumer trust in the marketplace. BBB services include business reliability information, complaint resolution services and consumer and business educational information.
[Subscribe Here] to
receive Alerts & News updates from the BBB